Thursday, May 16, 2024

MaddAddam - Margaret Atwood (MaddAddam series, Bk. 3)

 This is the last of the trilogy, which I started a LONG time ago back when I lived in Florida. I had been meaning to finish it for a long time. I thought it was a very fitting end to the story. I enjoy the author's ideas about the future and when I started these books, the absurdity of the futuristic scenarios that she wrote about seemed quite silly, but having lived through the last 10-ish years (I started the book series longer ago than that), I have to sadly say that, honestly, I can totally see some of the worst ideas in this book believably coming to pass. I feel like it may have originally been written to be just so absurdly stupid, but now, especially with the currently political climate like project 2025, and the author's more famous book the handmaid's tale (also on my to-read list), I'm wondering if the author was just especially prescient about the worsening of humanity.  I don't know anymore! 

No comments:

Post a Comment