Thursday, August 13, 2015

Fire - Kristin Cashore (Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, Bk. 2)

11 August 2015
I do really like this author. In both books I have read of hers, she strikes a good balance between sweet and lively.
This book takes place in a different kingdom than the previous with people of a different type of talent. The title character, Fire, is the last of her kind, a sort of super-predator variant of humans. Everywhere she goes, the mere sight of her drives people mad, either with lust or envy or horror. Consequently, she often hides herself and her most outlandish characteristic, her vibrantly, flame-colored hair.  Not to sound pompous, but I can kinda relate given the attention I draw down here in south Texas.
Regardless, again, simply a good and interesting book. Certainly one I would recommend to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment