Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Visitors - Orson Scott Card (The Pathfinder series, Bk 3)

I love Orson Scott Card. I think he might be my favorite author. He is beautifully articulate. His ideas are so complex they are sexy, yet he presents them in a way in which nearly anyone could understand.  This book wraps up the Pathfinder series and has an excellent ending.  As time jumpers, where, or more exactly, when, do you end a book? Do they go on and on forever? Card ends with a very nice, "I'll jump ahead to sometime and settle there." Indicating the continued use of the time manipulating powers and leaving it open, but with a plan so you still feel satisfied that you know how it will end.
My favorite part was how he resolved the time continuum conundrum:  Do you go back in time and change the future? Or is the present this way because you already changed the past?  Card's answer: Both.  And of all the time things I've read, that's my favorite.
I highly recommend this series to anyone with a brain, who likes to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment