Sunday, August 6, 2017

The Stand - Stephen King

It took me a LONG time to get through this book, granted it's huge, but it still took much longer than I thought it would have!
That being said, I REALLY enjoyed this book. It was a little awkward at the beginning because there were so many story lines and they were all over the place.  But once it really got rolling, and by that I mean everyone on the planet dying, it was real good.
I liked how this was a book I could recommend to someone in my family. Instead of some unknown/unexplained evil, there's a very plainly stated God v. Satan explanation for the evil in this book. I know King was on a boatload of drugs when he wrote this, but I liked having an actual explanation for why/where something comes from, even if it is as old as time.
OH, and my favorite character is the dog! King doesn't often have animals in his books (unless they are coming back to life or killing people) but when he writes good pets, he does it very well, endearingly so.

No comments:

Post a Comment