Saturday, October 28, 2017

A Wrinkle in Time - Madeleine L'Engle

I first read this book when I was in 5th grade. I remember at the time being thoroughly unimpressed and slightly confused. As with other books that I've gone back and re-read, I find my much-younger-self was pretty spot-on in her assessment.  Today, I would still describe this book in the same way.  As a child, I never liked children's stories.  This book is so weird and random, I can only attribute its success to children who are just along for the ride and aren't worried about the how or why (obviously, this was never me). 
The book has an annoying main character, they run around without reason, the descriptions are poor, the reasoning isn't well plotted, and the end is completely unsatisfactory.  I didn't like this book then, I don't now, and I don't imagine I'll watch it get ruined into a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment