Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Rocannon's World - Ursula K. Le Guin (The Hainish Chronicles, Bk. 1)

Good, but not life altering.  I noticed several similarities between this book and the Ender series.  Card obviously drew from Le Guin: the careful thought about time travel and how one would communicate vs move a living thing through space, the crazy species, the exploration process, the misunderstanding.  I hadn't heard of her until I started this book, but now having seen the similarities between her world and Card's, I will read more of her work.
This book's pace went up and down, occasionally it wasn't able to hold my interest yet at other times it was riveting.
Considered as one of the classic science fiction writers, I would recommend this book to all my sci-fi friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment