Friday, May 31, 2019

Home Buying for Dummies - Eric Tyson & Ray Brown

Obviously I read this because I'm looking to buy a house.  My last experience was so horrible, I was convinced I did something wrong.  This time I thought I'd do way more research to ensure the same errors were not repeated.  As it turns out, my lack of education was one of the reasons I had trouble, HOWEVER, everything I didn't know SHOULD have been taken care of by the people I hired. It was not.  This book harps on putting together a good team.  I had a team, and as best I can tell, it should have been good, years and years of experience.  But that team dropped the ball at every available chance.  So, I could have corrected them, but  they shouldn't have let any of those mistakes happen to begin with, that's why they were getting paid!
I like the format of this series of books.  As an E-book, it didn't always format right, but you could at least get an idea.  There's a lot of great general information, but as they repeatedly remind you, there are always exceptions.  I know I had a few very odd, specific questions that this book could not answer. (that's what the internet is for)  But as a prep guide, it's very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment