Thursday, December 31, 2020

A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court - Mark Twain

 It's been years since I read Twain (Huckleberry Finn) but I find him a delightful author.  This book struck a particularly fun chord for me because I often think about this topic:  If I got thrown back in time with no resources but my memory, could I reinvent the industrial revolution?  The MC totally does, or would have if he hadn't pissed off literally everyone.  I identified SO HARD with this book.  The MC running around going, "Well, that makes little to no sense!" or the following exchange.

MC: "Ya'll need a bath."

Peasants: "The last time we bathed the water dried up so God must want us dirty."

MC: "lol, no-kay.  Where's the well?" *looks at it* "Yep, God just said you were dumbasses, that's all." *fixes well*

Peasants: "Wow MC! You're a wizard."

MC: "Yeaaaaaa...."

This was a great, snarky book and I loved it.  Perhaps my only negative is the random dying of MC for no reason a-la nineteenth century at the end.  But, eh, the actual story was told nicely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment