Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Your Best Year Ever - Michael Hyatt

 I guess this would be a good book for a neurotypical new adult? I'm not even sure.  Maybe for people searching for some sort of justification to get rolling? The major take-home idea of the book is do 1 little thing to get started.  You will feel you've accomplished something and that will give you the dopamine dump and moral boost to take step 2, probably one that's a little harder.  Frankly, I have no idea what this guy is talking about because when you accomplish the first simple task, like organizing or putting your name at the top of the paper, you still have to keep going and I think he's full of it regarding any positive feelings from finishing the easy part first.  The same difficult task you weren't excited about is still before you and it seems like you have a great excuse to say, "Alright, I got one thing done. That's enough for today." to just keep putting off the stuff you actually needed to do.  I think he's full of it and don't recommend this book at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment