Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sandman Slim - Richard Kadrey (Sandman Slim Series, Bk 1)

21 Mar 2015
This. I liked this. Of course, I have liked every book I've come across that has *spoiler alert* nephilim mythology in it.
The construction of the book had some ups and downs. I didn't really understand why Stark continued to return to the crapped out video store when everyone knew to look for him there. I'm also not really sure why Aelita just decided to murder him. It seemed like she was plain crazy, maybe that's what Mr. Kadrey was going for, but it was still a bit much, on the verge of roid rage even.
I did like the pace. I loved the style and origin of the magic in this book. While it didn't get me all giddy the way some books do, it has potential and I will certainly read more of these in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment