Saturday, May 14, 2016

The Desert Spear - Peter V. Brett (Demon Cycle Series, Bk 2)

I definitely enjoyed the first of this series. However, this book starts out in the southern region of this fictional land and I did not like that part.  It was necessary to build the story of who Jardir was and where he came from and why he thought he was the Deliverer, but I detest the culture of the area and consequently wanted to read as little about it as possible. I took a long time getting through the first third of this book because it was only about that character. Once the story moved north, I was back to my normal pace and finished the book quickly.
There were some surprises and fantastic plot twists, as always good pacing. I will enjoy continuing with this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment