Saturday, April 2, 2022

Kill The Dead - Richard Kadrey (Sandman Slim Series, Bk. 2)

 I like this series. It doesn't make me unable to put the book down like Outlander or Stephen King, but it is a fun tale with lots of potential.  I'm loving the Constantine vibe it gives off without all the bogging down in guilt and weird 80's crap.  I would absolute recommend this to anyone who enjoys Constantine as there are a lot of similarties in both theme and famous christian relgion based characters. 

I will certainly keep reading, though I must confess: at this point I've not fallen madly in love with the MC as I have in Hellblazer. I think because Stark's wallowing in alcohol and cigarettes isn't fully warranted.  Midway through this book his human half sort of dies off, and frankly, I liked the character more then, which I'm not sure if that was the author's intention.  However, at the end he is restored, so we'll see if the third book continues the loathsome charactersitics or if the change left a more permanent alteration to the character.  Also, killing off the mortal half of a mortal-immortal hybrid is an excellent idea and I may consider pulling that into something I do later (no clue where yet, it's just in my pile of fun ideas).  

No comments:

Post a Comment